Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy father's day

I'm taking a break from my life to sit with my dad today. I miss him so much. It's been almost four years since he passed away. I was pregnant with kate at his funeral.  He never got to hold our meet her or our sweet david. I know he's watching over them,  but I wish he could have held them.

I love remembering the days when he would hold jane's hand and take walks with her up and down the halls at the veteran's home. Those are always some of my favorite memories. I wish he was still here like we all remember him, without alzheimer's.

I remember one afternoon at our apartment when Chad and my dad were playing baseball on the wii.  I laughed so hard that day. He swung that wii remote the exact same way whether he was pitching, or hitting. It was such an awesome day!

I miss you more than you can ever know Mikey.

No comments:

Post a Comment