Saturday, July 25, 2015

Open House tomorrow! Let's sell our house.

Tomorrow is a big day for us! Our house is on the market and we're having an open house for viewing. We moved our beds out on July 3, and now it's July 25th and everything is out and the house has been painted and fixed up pretty for selling. What a process. It's a very emotional thing to do. Our current apartment still has so many boxes to be sorted through and put away, it's overwhelming. But...hopefully the house will sell quickly and we can focus on the next step...unpacking and a second wave of purging. I hope to find the rest of my bathroom items soon. Then I'll stop using Brian's deodorant. LOL. I feel like I see it every once in a while but don't get it out, then I forget where I saw it.

See what we love about this house!
The hardest part so far for me has been bedtime. It's hard to get children to sleep as it is, but when we're all sleeping in such close quarters, it's extra hard. Our little guy (2 yrs old) is now inconsistently napping, and staying up super late at night. He's also throwing more tantrums than I've ever seen him do since we've moved into the apartment. I'm not sure if it's all the change or what, but it's hard. These little ones have to be super adaptive and they're doing their best, but you can tell it's hard on them too. I'm hoping that now that the house is on the market we can get ourselves situated and get a routine set up in our apartment.
It's so beautiful!

Speaking of our apartment, it's been 22 days that we have been living in Brian's parent's basement apartment, and it seems to be going really well. For me the nights are the hardest because I know his parents can hear all the chaos going on trying to get all these kids settled down, but they haven't said anything. The dogs are having their own issues. We don't have a fenced in yard here, so they've been out in the yard on leads. Otis is having a super hard time with it. Future plans include exploring an electric fence to help the dogs. They need to run. It's hard to watch them be sad.

I miss this sink and faucet. I'll put it on my want list for the new house. 
We are so excited about our future! We are learning each day about what we want our next home to be like. I'll share some of those ideas later along with some pictures of our apartment space. It's so spacious and we couldn't have asked for a better plan for our in-between time. We have all been so busy getting the house ready to sell that we have not had time to focus on  the unpacking and organizing part. I can't wait to hang my Elfa shelves here. It's going to change the way we organize our downsized space. Organization will be our key. My goal is that everything has a place and if I can't come up with a place, then we don't need the item.

I watched an episode of tiny house tonight and I decided that I'm going to start watching those shows to see how to make better use of our space. I'm pretty sure we can learn a lot about using our space wisely from people who build those small spaces. Who knows...maybe Brian and I and our 4 kids and 2 dogs will build ourselves a tiny house. Lord help me!

God speed my friends. I'll keep you updated as we continue on this journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment